About the Summit
Project Development, Finance and Technology in Global Waste to Energy and Resources Markets
The 9th World Waste to Energy and Resources Summit was held as a Virtual Summit on October 6-7, 2020, so the industry could meet, network, and get up to date on the latest projects and new market opportunities.
Waste management operators, project developers, financiers and technology providers presented live, before hosting virtual discussion groups on the issues most critical to today’s waste to energy and resources sector:
- The commercial and policy landscape: New developments in the UK, Europe and globally
- Partnership and risk sharing models: Exploring a collaborative approach to project success
- Project finance and investment: Innovative approaches to funding downstream products
- Technology innovation: Gasification, plastics to hydrogen and commercial BioSNG
- Decarbonising the transport sector: The long-term future for waste as transport fuel
- Tackling the plastics crisis: The economics of energy, materials, fuels and chemicals from plastic
- International opportunities: Waste to energy projects in Australia, Singapore, India and Serbia
- The climate change agenda: The role of waste conversion in the circular economy
Participants scheduled video 1-1 meetings with potential partners and clients throughout the summit, and for an extended period before and after the sessions.
By sharing best practice from around the globe, showcasing new technologies, and facilitating new partnerships and collaborations, the summit offered an invaluable platform to develop new business and accelerate industry projects in both the UK and international markets.